Using bus and train you travel quickly around Salzburg, and in SalzburgerLand quickly from A to B. There are tickets for a few hours and for the whole year. Within the city, the cycle paths are also very well developed.
How can you find your way on public transport?
There are many different bus operators in Salzburg. All travel both within the city, as well as in the county of SalzburgerLand and in the close suburbs of Salzburg. On the websites of the ÖBB, the Salzburg Transport Association and the City of Salzburg there is an overview of travel times, tickets and stops.
Tip: With the Salzburg Card, journeys on public transport are free.
WHAT TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC TRANSPORT?
For all trips by public transport you must buy a ticket.
- Single Tickets
- Short distance tickets
- 09/17-Ticket for journeys between 09:00 and 17:00
- Time tickets (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly and annual)
- Student tickets
- Seniors tickets
- Tickets for pupils and teenagers
- Holiday tickets
Information on tickets and buying tickets: www.ticketshop.salzburg-verkehr.at
WHICH APPS HELP YOU TO GET THROUGH THE SALZBURG TRAFFIC?
Salzburg Mobile displays the bus times in real time. This shows you when a bus is delayed or which route it is going to return.
This App always shows the fastest and best way. Whether by public transport, on foot, by bicycle or by car. It also shows the respective ticket price.
This App gives you a kind of GPS bike computer with useful functions. On all paths, the App shows the optimal route.
WHERE IS THE CHEAPEST PARKING IN SALZBURG?
In the city, there are many paid parking garages, parking zones and parking lots. In some shopping centres, parking is generally free or free of charge when validating the parking ticket. Park and Ride is the cheapest and the best for the environment. There are currently four Park and Ride areas in Salzburg:
- P+R Airport
- P+R Designer Outlet
- P+R Messe
- P+R Süd
All information is available at:
WHERE CAN YOU FIND HELP WITH BICYCLE PROBLEMS?
The bike path network in the City of Salzburg is very well developed. Many Salzburg residents travel by bike every day. There are also some bicycle first aid stations in Salzburg.
· At the carlavelorep of the Caritas Salzburg, bicycles of all kinds are repaired.
· In the MARK, there is a weekly Bike Kitchen where you can repair your bike with others.
· At the annual Salzburg Radfrühling, bicycle riding can be visited, tested and tried out.
· The city also offers free bicycle checks at various locations.
· At the Repair Café of the City of Salzburg, there is also the possibility to have bicycles repaired free of charge. Larger spare parts must be brought along by yourself.